Celebrating the Customer Experience Since 2006
Experience a yearly social media event that celebrates the customer experience across a wide range of perspectives. It's called "Bathroom Blogfest" and takes place the last week in October.
Web: Bathroom Blogfest
Facebook: Bathroom Blogfest Fan Page
Bathroom Blogfest: History
Bathroom Blogfest was launched in 2006 and has taken place every year since then until 2012.
It began as the brainchild of Stephanie Weaver, Experienceology author and consultant, and Susan Abbott, business consultant and consumer researcher in Toronto. They wanted to generate awareness for bloggers passionate about the customer experience at a time when blogging was more experimental.
By writing blogposts, tweeting, creating Facebook updates, bloggers participating in the Bathroom Blogfest call attention to an intensely compelling topic and one that has universal relevance and appeal regardless of the industry or blog area of focus.
Each Bathroom Blogfest focuses on a new theme.
- The 2009 Bathroom Blogfest celebrated "Flush The Recession & Plunge Into Forgotten Spaces." [See Bathroom Blogfest 2009 Draws 20 Bloggers To Focus on Recession & Cleanliness In Overlooked Spaces.]
- The 2010 Bathroom Blogfest celebrated the theme of 'Mad Men' and stuck in the 60s with even more bloggers participating! [See Bathroom Blogfest 2010 Draws 33 Bloggers, 40 Blogs to Focus on Experiences 'Stuck in the 60s'.]
- The 2011 Bathroom Blogfest urges participants to "Climb Out!". [See Bathroom Blogfest 2011 Urges 33 Bloggers to 'Climb Out', Reinvent Customer Experience.] It included a fantastic Twitter Chat with #KBTribeChat, too!
- The 2012 Bathroom Blogfest has just been announced! The 2012 Bathroom Blogfest focuses on "Still Climbing Out!"
Bathroom Blogfest has been featured in UX Magazine:
- "It's Time to Climb Out and Rethink the User Experience!" - October 2011
- UX, Bathrooms, and Mad Men - October 2010
The Bathroom Blogfest site captures in one place all of the contributions from the yearly Bathroom Blogfest. Go check it out!
If you'd like to participate in the next Bathroom Blogfest at the end of October, please let Chief Simplifier Christine Whittemore know! She acts as Chief Inspiration Officer and Organizer of the Bathroom Blogfest and welcomes new participants.