As you [may] know, the purpose of the Social Flooring Index Blog is to monitor the social state of the flooring industry. What's fascinating is experiencing firsthand how different segments within the flooring industry have embraced social media, Twitter and the resulting relationship building. Based on Coverings 2012, the Tile Industry remains at the forefront.
I say remains because my first flooring taste of this kind of socially generated connecting and networking took place during another Coverings in 2010 [for details, read Meetups and Tweetups: Building Community] when a Tweetup took place.
Fast forward to 2012 and the setting is greatly enhanced [see Online Marketing Tips from Coverings Central 2012], but the interactions are just as intensely social and educational, and the new relationships are just as intense.
In the photo above, Bill Buyok, Paul Anater and I reconnected during the 2012 Coverings Tweetup. Photo courtesy of our bartender who was thrilled to pieces to have had his photo [see Bill's finger pointing to a specific tweet on the large screen] shared on Twitter.
Hats off to my friends Buck and Dana Collins who participated in the Coverings 2012 Installation Showcase and who documented in marvelous detail their intense tile installation of Grant Gribble's design for this bathroom.
- Collins Tile and Stone is ready for Coverings 2012
- Collins Tile and Stone Crew headed to Coverings 2012
- Collins Tile and Stone Crew Arrive at Coverings 2012
- USG Corporation products installed on Day One
- Great progress being made on Day 2 of the Showcase
- Coverings 2012 Installation Design Showcase - Day 3
- Day 3 complete at the Coverings 2012 Installation Design Showcase
- Day 4 of the Coverings 2012 Installation Design showcase is complete!
- Coverings 2012 Installation Design Showcase is complete
From Modenus, check out these stunning visuals of COVERINGS FAVORITE FINDS – MEDITERRA TILE and COLOR ME HAPPY – OUR TRENDS FROM COVERINGS 2012 IN ORLANDO (PART 1)...
TalkContract [thanks, Emily!] shares these wonderful images in Coverings 2012.
If you truly want to experience tile industry trends shared during Coverings 2012, check out the Transcript from #KBTribeChat from Coverings 2012 - you can see us hard at work sharing tile trend insights in the images above.
During that session, the following Pinterest Boards capturing visual highlights from the show were shared:
- Avente Tile's Pinterest Board capturing What's Hot at Coverings 2012
- Mark Johnson FAIA's Pinterest Board detailing Highlights from Coverings 2012