If you aren't familiar with Starnet, it's an impressive organization focused on commercial flooring. More specifically, "Starnet is comprised of over 170 locally owned full-service flooring contractors representing more than 300 locations throughout North America. With $2 billion in annual sales, Starnet is the single most influential force in the contract flooring industry."
Starnet recently celebrated its 20 year anniversary as described in Starnet Worldwide Celebrates 20 Years of Partnership.
Starnet launched its blog on February 18th, 2010. It publishes on a weekly basis. Articles are primarily news and press release related, celebrating Starnet member accomplishments, welcoming new vendors and highlighting member interviews with flooring publications such as Floor Focus/FloorDaily. You'll notice radio interviews as well as video clips with members.
The Starnet Blog sidebar includes links to its other social profiles:
- Starnet on Facebook
- Starnet on Twitter
- Flickr where you will find a wealth of terrific photos from Starnet events
- Starnet on YouTube
Here's what I wish the Starnet Blog would do more of:
- Add tags or categories to each blog article to help organize topics [and make them more searchable]
- Add an email subscription form
- I'm a big fan of blogrolls and could easily see a listing of Starnet member blogs in the sidebar as well as of vendors and others in the industry that Starnet admires.
- I'd love to learn about the Starnet blog editorial team
- For those blog articles with videos, I strongly recommend adding text [approximately 300 words] to support the video. Include highlights from the videos to encourage visitors to listen. The added benefit is that the inclusion of words will make that blog article - and video - more searchable. Plus, these are great video interviews!
Great job, Starnet Blog sharing highlights and news about your members and vendors. I look forward to reading more.
What do you like most about the Starnet Blog? Let me know in the comments.