I confess. 2012 was a blur. I had trouble keeping up with the marketing brilliance and goodness that many I admire shared. For that reason, I'm grateful to Denise Lee Yohn - whom I got to meet in person during BRITE 2011. She has created a list of blogposts worth reading from 2012!
Denise is intensely focused on the brand experience, the customer experience and helping companies bring those two together seamlessly. [Here's a project Denise and I collaborated on re: the customer retail experience. See Trader Joe's Where Less is More: Brand As Business Bites Guest Post and REI Makes Choosing Easy By Denise Lee Yohn.]
Denise captured what I consider intense marketing goodness from 17 blogs she reads regularly. Her Slideshare presentation is titled Blogposts Worth Reading (12.12 Edition) by Denise Lee Yohn It's filled with wisdom guaranteed to inspire your marketing in 2013!
[Disclaimer - Denise has included me in this list; I'm thrilled to pieces!]
- By Becky Lang, writing on the Zeus Jones, Politeness Theory and the Millennial Style of Customer Service.
- By Steve McKee, writing in Bloomberg Businessweek, Integrated Marketing: If You Knew It, You'd Do It.
- By Maz Iqbal, writing on The Customer Blog, What Does It Take To Be A Leader and For Leadership To Show Up part iii
- By Noah Brier, The Safety of Brands
- By Tom Fishburne, Location Marketing
- By Jason Fried, writing on Signal + Noise, Pruning Makes Room for Something New
- By Shawn Parr, writing on the Bulldog Drummond Blog, Operate Courageously and with Convinction.
- By Rosabeth Moss Kanter writing on HBR Blog Network, Ten Reasons People Resist Change
- By Annette Franz Gleneicki, writing on CX Journey, Continuous Improvements of Olympic Proportions.
- By Steve Portigal, writing on All This Chittah Chattah, Act Now Pay Later Here Come the Offsets
- By John Moore, writing on Brand Autopsy, Episode #29 | Talkable is Operational
- By Peter Romeo, writing on Restaurant Reality Check, Concept Restaurants of the Future
- By Les McKeown, writing on The Synergist at Inc.com, How to Hire Great People--Every Time
- By Tom Asacker, writing on A Clear Eye, If You Want People to Think You're Funny, Don't Tell Them You're Funny, Tell Them a Joke You've Probably Heard.
- By C. B. Whittemore, writing on Simple Marketing Now's Content Talks Business Blog, Remarkable Customer Experience Pike Place Fish Market Style
- By Tony Schwartz, writing on HBR Blog Network, The Art of Letting Go
- By Roger Dooley, writing on Brainy Science at Forbes.com, Why So Much Market Research Sucks
Do check out Denise' presentation. She includes a quote from each highlighted blog article, succinctly capturing intense inspiration you'll enjoy for 2013.
Thanks, Denise, for sharing these great brand marketing resources and for including me.